Mold Remediation

IS YOUR HOME A HAVEN FOR MOLD?

There are two conditions present in every home.  It is almost impossible for these two conditions not to exist!  The presence of moisture and dust are simply facts of life.  In addition, there is a condition that exists outside your home that it is impossible to avoid.  Unfortunately the presence of mold spore is also a fact of life.

Like pollen, mold spore are minuet air born particles that seem to be in greater abundance in the spring and the fall.  Every time you open and close the doors to your home you are providing access to these unwanted guests. 

When you combine common bacteria and viruses with mold spore and even the smallest amount of indoor moisture, all that remains is a little warmth to create the perfect recipe for “Sick Air Syndrome” in your home.

WHAT ARE MOLDS?

Molds are tiny microscopic organisms that digest organic matter and reproduce by releasing spore. Molds are a type of fungi and there are over 100,000 species.  In nature, mold helps decompose or break-down leaves, wood and other plant debris.  Molds become a problem when they go where they are not wanted and digest materials such as the construction materials and fabrics in our homes.

Once mold spores enter your home all they need is a little moisture to begin growing, digesting and destroying.  Molds can grow on almost any surface, including; wood, ceiling tiles, wallpaper, paints, carpet, sheet rock, and insulation.  Mold grows best when there is lots of moisture from a leaky roof, high humidity, or unexpected basement flooding.  There is no way to get rid of all molds and mold spores from your home, but you can control mold growth by keeping your home dry. 

ARE MOLDS HARMFUL TO YOU?

When molds are disturbed, they release spores into the air.  You can be exposed by breathing air containing these mold spores.  You can also be exposed through touching moldy items, eating moldy food or accidental hand to mouth contact. 

Most molds do not harm healthy people, but people who have allergies or asthma may be more sensitive to molds.  Sensitive people may experience skin rash, running nose, eye irritation, cough, nasal congestion, aggravation of asthma or difficulty breathing.  People with an immune suppression or underlying lung disease, may be at increased risk for infections from molds.

A small number of molds produce toxins called mycotoxins.  When people are exposed to high levels of mold mycotoxins they may suffer toxic effects, including fatigue, nausea, headaches, and irritation to the lungs and eyes.  If you or your family members have health problems that you suspect are caused by exposure to mold, you should consult with your physician.

HOW CAN YOU PROTECT YOUR FAMILY FORM MOLDS?

You know you have mold when you smell the “musty” odor or see small black or white specks along your damp bathroom or basement walls.  Some mold is hidden, growing behind wall coverings or ceiling tiles.  Even dry, dead mold can cause health problems, so always take precautions when you suspect mold.

Mold is often found in areas where moisture has damaged building materials and furniture from flooding, plumbing or roof leaks.  Mold can also be found growing along walls where warm moist air condenses on cooler wall surfaces, such as on the inside surface cold exterior walls or ceilings, behind dressers, headboards, and in closets where articles are stored against walls.  Mold often grows in rooms with both high water usage and humidity, such as kitchens, bathrooms, laundry rooms, and basements.  If you notice mold or know of water damaged areas in your home, it is time to take action to control its growth.

The most important things you can do to reduce the chances of mold growing in your home are to maintain a balance air flow in your home’s air handling system and to eliminate the potential for condensation to form in areas particularly susceptible to the growth of mold.

WHAT CAN YOU DO IF YOU HAVE MOLD?

If you can see mold in your home you are probably only “seeing” a small portion of what may actually be present in your home.  Mold that grows through drywall and appears on ceilings and wall surfaces is generally growing through the wall from the inside.  This is particularly true of exterior walls in your home.  In all likelihood the space inside these walls may be covered with mold due to poor construction and/or improper ventilation.

There is only one sure way to treat both the visible an invisible mold; a combination of topically applied biocide and several hours of electrically charged oxygen gas (Ozone O3).  The topical biocide can be applied to the visible mold to neutralize it.  Allow the biocide to partially dry before washing away the visible remains of the mold.  Sanding the clean dry surface and applying a mold resistant paint will usually stop the mold from reappearing.

As for the unseen mold, treating your home with high concentrations of electrically charged oxygen gas will insure that the existing mold spore will be neutralized in very nook and cranny of your home.  In addition all dust mites and their associated allergens, together with all surface bacteria and viruses will also be destroyed.  Since we use the air handling system of your home to accomplish this task, the ductwork and air conditioning coil will also be disinfected at the same time.         

In known circumstances we can also arrange to force high concentrations of ozone gas behind the walls and into the attic space to insure the maximum benefit from this unique remediation method.

The cost of this treatment varies with the size of the home and the severity of the mold contamination.  Our Performance Guarantee is your best assurance of the value of our service.  

 

 

Click on the following images for samples of  mold remediation.

Call to book a free inspection

Office: 905 692 6666

Detailed written quotes and third party reporting available on a fee for service basis.